Re: master 511bd2b8bc3: Make emerge-m-t-f obsolete in favor of make-temp

From: Stefan Kangas
Subject: Re: master 511bd2b8bc3: Make emerge-m-t-f obsolete in favor of make-temp-file
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2023 16:21:31 +0200

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> > I don't understand what you're asking, sorry.  What is the problem you
> > see in ChangeLog.android?
>
> It's not what I see now, but rather what I saw.  On 4 August, it was
> replete with badly formatted entries, but more pointedly entries with
> completely redundant and meaningless commit titles, which I was forced
> to manually remove.

I see, yes, that doesn't look very nice.  That should normally be
taken care of automatically by the scripts that generate the
ChangeLog.N file for us.  This is ideally done only once, before
releasing a tarball (for a pretest or a release).

Is there a need for a separate ChangeLog.android file though?  We
don't keep such files around for other ports.  Isn't there a risk that
we will have duplicate entries in the standard ChangeLog?