Re: Inline completion preview

From: Dmitry Gutov
Subject: Re: Inline completion preview
Date: Wed, 1 Nov 2023 01:29:14 +0200

On 31/10/2023 08:50, Eshel Yaron wrote:
I find this company/corfo comparison quite compelling, but I'd like to
steer the discussion back to the topic at hand: adding inline completion
*preview*  to Emacs.  Could you check out my proposed implementation[0]
and weigh in on adding it to core, possibly as part of completion.el?

Ok, I tried your code. This is probably an issue: C-M-i is rebound.

With completion-preview-mode on, this key combination does something different than the usual (it inserts the previewed completion).

I can imagine that this behavior can be useful for certain personal habits/used languages/etc, but it's a change from the default.

Otherwise, I can't really comment on the inclusion, since it's not something I would have used, and I don't know how many users would really benefit.