Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces
Date: Wed, 8 Nov 2023 00:21:39 +0000

On Tue, Nov 7, 2023 at 11:18 PM Dmitry Gutov <dgutov@yandex.ru> wrote:

> Joao didn't want to have such definitions in Xref. I'm still on the
> fence, personally.

What don't I want?  I haven't read this wordy subthread but it seems
Eshel is proposing exactly what I changed in xref-find-extra: take "kind"
as argument.

> Or it would be nice to hear from someone who have tried out Eglot's
> integration and found more upsides there.

If you want that to happen, the only realistic way to have good
feedback from anyone else other than emacs-devel nerds like me and you
is to release an Eglot version with  this feature, which we can change
later (even non-backward-compatibly, within a reasonable time frame).

João