Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces

From: João Távora
Subject: Re: Adding support for xref jumping to headers/interfaces
Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2023 14:49:42 +0000

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 2:43 PM Dmitry Gutov <dmitry@gutov.dev> wrote:

> (that's what the completing-read approach is for), and whenever we find
> out that particular kinds get supported by many backends (or by most of
> the available/popular ones), we could "pull them into the core", adding
> a global command with one binding which would work across languages.

Alright, so since this is contentious (who else but you is pushing
this idea?) what about we start with 0 in xref.el.  We can always
add to 0, no problem, but taking away  from some other number
isn't so easy.

>  and to allow frictionless extensions for special capabilities.

As to frictionless extension, the macro I proposed already
xref-define-finder seems the easiest way by far.