Re: [ELPA] New package: jami-bot and org-jami-bot

From: Ihor Radchenko
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: jami-bot and org-jami-bot
Date: Fri, 12 Jan 2024 15:17:26 +0000

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Check out top comment in
>> https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/emacs/org-mode.git/tree/lisp/org-element-ast.el
>>
>> It is a part of the Org mode development branch.
>
> It's a beginning, but I somehow doubt that any list that matches the
> description in org-element-ast.el will be automatically exportable by
> ox-*.el.

It will, as long as ox-*.el library implements transcoders for the
node types present in a given AST and the AST match some expectations
about node properties. For example, it is common for export backends to
expect that "headline" nodes have :title property containing the
headline title text.

I am sceptical about generalizing the requirement to have properties
like :title present. Although, most of the other Org-specific properties
are optional.

--
Ihor Radchenko // yantar92,
Org mode contributor,