Re: [ELPA] New package: activities

From: Adam Porter
Subject: Re: [ELPA] New package: activities
Date: Fri, 26 Jan 2024 04:36:09 -0600

Hi Philip,

On 1/26/24 01:33, Philip Kaludercic wrote:
Adam Porter <adam@alphapapa.net> writes:

Hi,

I'd like to add a new package to ELPA, activities.el.  It's hosted at:

Nice name ;)

Well, I can't take credit for it, as I was inspired by similar projects outside of Emacsland. :)

   https://github.com/alphapapa/activities.el

I don't have much to add on the code, just that if you are depending on
Emacs 29, you might be able to use `define-multisession-variable'
instead of having to depend on persist?

Unfortunately, I spent several hours trying to make `multisession' work before I ended up filing this bug on it: https://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=68482 Thankfully, `persist' works perfectly.

+ (activities                   :url
"https://github.com/alphapapa/activities.el.git";
+   :release-branch "stable"
+   :doc "README.org")

There is no need to track the .info file in the repository, the build
server will generate that from :doc and overwrite it anyway.

I understand, but having the Info file in the repository allows it to be installed with tools like Quelpa.

Thanks,
Adam