Re: Incorporate package macrostep into Emacs core

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Incorporate package macrostep into Emacs core
Date: Sat, 20 Apr 2024 09:07:23 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
> Cc: Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>,  emacs-devel@gnu.org
> Date: Fri, 19 Apr 2024 18:26:11 -0400
>
> > I initially followed your confirmation to write in the Emacs Lisp manual
> > (top of this message), but indeed this may belong more appropriately in
> > the Emacs manual.  How about in "(emacs) Programs"?
> > Please confirm your preference either way and I'll continue the rewrite.
>
> If it works only for Emacs Lisp macros, then it makes sense to put it in
> the ELisp manual.

It's a minor mode, and the documentation describes commands of that
mode.  I don't think the ELisp manual is a good place for such
features.  We have "Programs" in the user manual, which describes
features for developing programs using Emacs, and I think it's a good
place for describing this feature.