Re: [Orgmode] M-left/right, also customization

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] M-left/right, also customization
Date: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 08:35:35 +0100

On Dec 29, 2006, at 0:00, Wes Nakamura wrote:

I'm also seeing the problem where using M-left/right on an empty
headline is removing the trailing space. Is this still being worked on?
I still see it in 4.60.

Yes, I think I have finally fixed this now, for 4.61.

Is there an org-agenda hook or another way to change settings so they
only affect the agenda view?  I'd like to use variable-width fonts in
the org file, but use fixed-width fonts in the agenda view, so things
align properly.  I figured the easiest way to do that was to set
buffer-local faces when the agenda view is brought up via a hook.

org-agenda-mode-hook is run when the buffer is created.
org-finalize-agenda-hook is run just before it is displayed.

I'm using local variables to set org-time-stamp-custom-formats, and it
seems that at times the custom format is used, but other times they're
not.  I'm having a hard time tracking down exactly when it works and
when it doesn't.  Is it possible that this doesn't work when set in
local variables (I found a couple of other ones that also didn't work)?

Local variables should work for displaying custom time formats.  I think
they will not work currently for exported files like HTML.

If you change these on the fly, it may be necessary to turn font-lock-mode
off and back on.

- Carsten