Re: [Orgmode] A puzzle to solve: saved categories vs. tags

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] A puzzle to solve: saved categories vs. tags
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2007 09:48:49 +0200

On Oct 7, 2007, at 11:14, John Wiegley wrote:

Ok, I have 147k of archived todos and notes now. Some are tagged, some are not. Most have an ARCHIVE_CATEGORY property (ever since Carsten so kindly
implemented it).

My desire: To hit C-u C-c \ and have it prompt me for the "entity" its going to search for. The possible entities are TAGS, or a property name. Then it asks for the text string, as usual. The result should make it possible for me to see all entries that came from a specific category or group of categories.

If I understand correctly, this will be just for typing
convenience?  So that you do not have to fully type the
property name?

Because you can of course do this search as Bastien described.

Also, should this result in a sparse tree, or in an agenda buffer?
I guess you mean a sparse tree since you refer to `C-c \'.

Here is a first attempt at such a function, comments are welcome!
Maybe we should bind this function to `C-c /', instead of org-occur?

- Carsten

Carsten Dominik
Universiteit van Amsterdam
Kruislaan 403