Re: [Orgmode] FR: source code

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] FR: source code
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2008 09:20:59 +0100

On Jan 16, 2008, at 7:59 PM, Phil Jackson wrote:

On Jan 8, 2008, at 12:22 PM, Phil Jackson wrote:

[...]

is the lack of a method to 'embed' source code into a document ala:

<src lang="shell-script">
</src>

[...]

It seems to me that there are really two issues here:

1. Font-locking in the buffer
2. Export

I guess one problem is that the stuff in BEGIN_EXAMPLE and similar
structures is not protected from font-lock a la org-mode.
Maybe this is the main issue you are having Phil?

How does Muse behave in your examlple?  I don't know Muse too well.

The code isn't actually font-locked in the buffer itself but is syntax
highlighted upon export (in (x)html anyway). Without actually reading
the code, I think it just takes the region applies the mode specified by
the 'lang' attribute and then uses htmlize.el on it.

I *personally* still can't decide if this is within org's scope though,
not to say I wouldn't find it very handy.

So then am confused what you initial message was about. The feature your are asking for is then an exporting feature, right? Maybe you need to restate what exactly you would like to see.

- Carsten

Cheers,
Phil
--