Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode on Windows

From: Manish
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Org-mode on Windows
Date: Sat, 15 Mar 2008 00:43:31 +0530

>  > On 14/03/2008, Manish <address@hidden> wrote:
>  > > Hello Everyone,
>  > >
>  > >  I would like to which terminal clients people use to run Cygwin Emacs
>  > >  (on Windows) to run org-mode.  PuTTY with ssh, PuTTY with puttycyg
>  > >  patch, rxvt, mrxvt, xterm or something else.  For some reason, I will
>  > >  have to remove Windows Emacs and Cygwin port in PuTTY does not support
>  > >  shift-arrow keys (it passes the combination as plain arrow keys).
>  > >
>  > >  I am very interested to know if there's another key combination that
>  > >  can be used instead of shift+arrow or if someone is aware  of a
>  > >  patched PuTTY that does work.
>  > >
>  > >  I found that xterm and rxvt do support shift+arrow key chord but mrxvt
>  > >  does not (which is strange considering it's built on top of rxvt).  If
>  > >  I have to use X then I would prefer to use mrxvt (tabbing, window
>  > >  resizing etc., though no real fullscreen like PuTTY's).
>  > >
>  > >  Suggestions and advice please.

>  On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 01:07:35PM +0100, Tim O'Callaghan wrote:
>  > I personally run the XEmacs windows native port.
>  > http://www.xemacs.org/Download/win32/index.html
>  >
>  > I've tried the cygwin terminal and X versions and find i prefer the
>  > native version.
>  >
>  > There is an up to the minute windows Emacs port:
>  > http://ntemacs.sourceforge.net/
>  >
>  > Which i am evaluating, but yet to use in anger.

On Fri, Mar 14, 2008 at 9:13 PM, Russell Adams
<address@hidden> wrote:
> I have used the GNU Emacs windows port in Windows with Org, and found
>  it worked fine natively. Even the shift arrows worked, which I'm not
>  used to working in a tty. ;]

Native port works great.  In fact, TTY version will also work great
given a decent terminal client.  I love PuTTY but it just does not
understand Shift-arrow.   Am fiddling with various clients to see what
will work.

I wonder if you have used Org-mode inside GNU Screen as well?
Shift-arrow seems to be an issue under Screen as well.

-- Manish