[Orgmode] Re: log-mode & archived entries

From: Dachsy
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: log-mode & archived entries
Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 15:09:41 +0200

Hi!

On Thu, Jun 19, 2008 at 10:47:15AM +0200, Manuel Hermenegildo wrote:

> You may want to have a look at my post on
>
> > - the use of org-agenda-skip-archived-trees toggling to control
> >   visibility of archived tasks.  The key redefinitions that we use
> >   (everything goes to sibling archive) may be too much for other
> >   applications. Here we are just trying to make sure that we always
> >   use the archive to sibling method, since it preserves TAG
> >   inheritance, which is vital to keep archived tasks assigned to the
> >   person that had them assigned in the first place.
>
> Carsten kindly stored it at:
>
> > http://thread.gmane.org/gmane.emacs.orgmode/6701/focus%3D6732

Hm, if I understand correctly, listing of archived tasks should work
simply by setting `org-agenda-skip-archived-trees` to nil, right?

I already tried that, but changing this variable (tried t and nil)
does not change the visibility of archived tasks - they are not
shown. I also tried your `my-org-agenda-toggle-seeing-archived`, which
gives me the message "Viewing archived tasks on" but doesn't show any
archived tasks (only the ones that are done but not yet archived).

Is this a bug?
BTW: I'm using org-6.05a.

Thanks,
  dachsy