Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-fstree 0.2

From: Andreas Burtzlaff
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] [ANN] org-fstree 0.2
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 14:41:40 +0200

Hello Sebastian,

new version 0.2 available.
http://www.burtzlaff.de/org-fstree/org-fstree.el

On Sun, 29 Mar 2009 03:57:36 +0200
Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:

> Andreas Burtzlaff <address@hidden> writes:
>   * a customizable list of directory names to skip.
>     '("CVS" "_MTN" ".git" ".hg" "RCS") might be a good default.
>   * Add directory names to the skip list
>     #+begin fstree -sd (nogo notes)
>   * Skip files by suffix
>     #+begin fstree -sf (.jpg .gif ...)

Both implemented with the new options :exclude-regexp-name and
:exclude-regexp-fullpath
>From the documentation:
     - :exclude-regexp-name <list of regexp strings> , exclude file/directory
names matching either
                                                  of the given regexp
expressions
       Examples:
         :exclude-regexp-name (".*\\.pdf$" ".*\\.zip$"), excludes
files/directories ending with either ".pdf" or ".zip"
         :exclude-regexp-name ("^\\.git$") , excludes files/directories named
".git"

     - :exclude-regexp-fullpath <list of regexp strings>, same as
:exclude-regexp-name but matches absolute path to file/directory

>   * Maybe require the option `-r' to be recursive.

Is implemented as an option now:
:non-recursive t

>   * Add a slash to the directory names to make the list more
>     readable. As an alternative, I could imagine to use folder icons
>     like speedbar, or use headlines without links for directories (the
>     links all look the same, wether they are headlines or leaves).

I added  "[D]" for directories and "[ ]" for files in the headline.
While that looks quite nice imho, I'm still looking for a more appealing
formatting for the backlinks.
I've tried to add the backlinks as properties "Link1", "Link2",... , but links
are shown as text in the column view.

Use column view for the links (EXPERIMENTAL):
*** Test Tree
    :PROPERTIES:
    :COLUMNS:  %40ITEM %Link1 %Link2 %Link3 %Link4
    :END:

#+BEGIN_FSTREE: ~/tmp/ :non-recursive t :links-as-properties t

Any ideas?

Andreas