Re: [Orgmode] Re: Added support for "habit tracking"

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: Added support for "habit tracking"
Date: Fri, 23 Oct 2009 10:24:27 -0500

Habits are different from tasks.  It is "suggested" that you do them within a range of time, but it's not completion which is important, rather consistency over the long-run.  Hence the graph to indicate your overall progress on the goal of being consistent.

But isn't consistency in the long-run the fact that you have actually *completed* them?

So, the thing here is the concept of habit. So, from what I could understand, a habit has to happen during a period of time and have a deadline.

In this case, IMO, a weekly review is a habit, even though it does not happen daily, it still has consistent period to be respected (1 day, every seven days), and a deadline (the very same day). Or habits need to be daily?

Thanks!