[Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital

From: Leo
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: How to combine the analogue (Moleskine) world with digital (org-mode) world ?
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 14:45:00 +0000

On 2010-01-24 14:09 +0000, Torsten Wagner wrote:
> My question is now. What would be the best way to combine the
> moleskine and org-mode ? Does someone have experience with a paper
> based and digital mixture system? One of my ideas was to print out the
> weekly or monthly agenda as small as possible and just attach it to
> the molenskine (it has a little card holder at the back). This would
> allow me to check what is in my org-mode agenda. However, I would
> still have two independent systems.

In my view, the effort it takes to maintain such a mixed system might be
too high. And it becomes worse when you need to exchange information
between the two subsystems. Unfortunately I can't see an easy solution
to this. I probably will get an iphone (or any capable portable device)
that can run a full-featured gtd system and sync with other devices (pc,
maybe some gtd websites etc.), ie I will go for an all-digital solution.
I used to have a 1st gen iphone and I used the voice recording and
camera to collect items. I have found these two features valuable ;)

Best wishes,

Leo