[Orgmode] Re: New implementation of the Org remember process ready for c

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: New implementation of the Org remember process ready for comments and testing
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 2010 16:50:02 -0400

>             New implementation of the Org remember process
>             ==============================================

Cool!!

> 6.4 Multiple capture events going on at the same time
>
>    If you need to capture something while already capturing something
>    else, you can now do so.  Finishing the second process will
>    automatically return you to the window setup of the first one.
>
>    Bernt, this might lead to confusing results if you would try to
>    port your immediate clock-in, clock-out code.  It will probably be
>    better (if you decide at all to try the new code) to use the
>    built-in :clock-in and :clock-resume properties:
>
>    These will even work for a chain: start capture 1, then 2, then 3,
>    finalize 3, then 2, then 1, and the previous clock will be
>    restarted each time.  Only when you finish the captures in a
>    different sequence, then the clock-resume stuff will lead to
>    undefined results.

This all sounds really good.  I look forward to test driving it when I
have some extra time to tinker with my setup.  I really appreciate the
effort  you went through to keep the existing remember process so that I
can try these in parallel -- this will make me try it much sooner than I
would otherwise.  It's too disruptive to switch the entire remember
process and have things break and no way to continue in a reasonable
amount of time.

The auto-clocking functionality sounds great.  I'll let you know how
that works out.

My current setup with auto-clocking remember buffers seems to break the
old remember system a little - switching remember templates while the
clock is running gets it all confused so I just kill (C-c C-k) then
restart remember if I need a different template.

Great works!!

Regards,
Bernt