Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Patch] New implementation of the Org remember process

From: Sebastian Rose
Subject: Re: [Orgmode] Re: [Patch] New implementation of the Org remember process ready for comments and testing
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2010 12:29:52 +0200

Ulf Stegemann <address@hidden> writes:
> Hi Carsten, Sebastian,
>
> just tried the new capture mechanism and it works quiet fine. I like it
> a lot. Thanks for the work :)
>
> However ...
>
> Sebastian Rose <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Here's the tested and working patch for org-protocol.el.
>
> ... it seems that with `org-protocol-capture' the place holders
> `%:link', `%:description' and `%:initial' do not work anymore as they
> are inserted literally. I must admit that I haven't looked at my
> templates for a very long time and that those place holders may be
> outdated, but with `org-protocol-remember' at least `%:description'
> still works.
>
> Ulf

Did those placeholders ever work through org-protocol?

How exactly where they meant to work?

Did you convert your remember-templates before testing?
Or did you just copy/rename your `org-remeber-templates' variable to
`org-capture-templates'?

In the new variable `org-capture-templates', these placeholders are not
guarantied to work (at least not documented).

Use
   %c - this will be a link to the page in your browser
   %i - this will be the selected text in your browser, if any. This is,
        what `%:initial' was I guess.
   %a - same as %c

Does that work for you?

Best wishes