[Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks

From: Dan Davison
Subject: [Orgmode] Re: Fontification of blocks
Date: Tue, 08 Feb 2011 19:00:41 +0000

Sébastien Vauban <address@hidden>
writes:

> Hi Dan,
>
> Dan Davison wrote:
>> Sébastien Vauban
>> <wxhgmqzgwmuf-geNee64TY+gS+FvcfC7Uqw-XMD5yJDbdMSQIYZ4X/address@hidden>
>> writes:
>>>
>>> Yes, but that's already the current situation today, *when using faces with
>>> background*. My (future) patch does not change that, and I'm not sure
>>> whether it should or not. In a way, I find this better: it makes it very
>>> clear there is a code block folded at that point in the document. Yes, I
>>> definitively prefer it that way -- if you don't mind.
>>
>> Hi Seb, hmm, maybe we're talking about different things.
>
> I think so as well. I was thinking you were talking about the delimiter line
> (begin_src and end_src) going up to the right end of the screen if the fully
> expanded view.
>
> Your picture shows it when folded.
>
>> I would say this is a bug.
>
> Indeed, that's definitely a bug.
>
>> A key part of Org's visual model is that folding hides content. Imo. I'm not
>> saying I know how to fix it, but that's a separate issue. Here are three
>> screenshots:
>>
>> org-overview:
>> org-content:
>> show-all:
>
> Can you send me your file, for me to test if I have the same problem?

I don't have that file any longer, but the problem occurs with all
files. It is somewhat unpredictable -- I mess about with block
show/hide, and global visibility cycling, and it happens eventually if
not at first. E.g. this file

---------------------------------
* heading
#+begin_src emacs-lisp
1
#+end_src

> FYI, I've seen that once when working on my patch[1], but never ever since the
> last versions. Hence, just checking (plizz don't mind), are you really using
> the version committed in the trunk,

yes, clean, HEAD is 88b793946.

Note I'm on OS X (cocoa builds). Maybe someone else with OSX could try
to reproduce this?  It occurs with a distributed binary of aquamacs, and
when loading nothing but Org, so it doesn't seem to be any local stuff
of mine that's the problem.

Dan