Re: [O] Re: Continuation of main section text after subsections ?

From: Marcel van der Boom
Subject: Re: [O] Re: Continuation of main section text after subsections ?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2011 18:11:55 +0200

On zo 27-mrt-2011 16:52
Cian <address@hidden> wrote:

> You can't do that, as it would be akin to trying to have in a book
>
> Section 1
> Stuff
> Section 1.1.1
> More stuff
>
> Now this goes under Section 1
>
> Not really an idiom that makes sense (I find its best to think of
> org-mode's headings as chapter headers

Agreed, for paper books that would not make much sense (depending on
how you do it) and that fact kept me from asking the question for a
while.
For electronic texts however, especially in the drafting stage where
(sub-)sections get shuffled around, promoted, demoted, split etc. it
does make sense, to me at least.

When writing I tend to think about org headings as 'handles' to a
logical block of information, including its child blocks. Apparently my
analogy clashes with what org-mode wants. I had my hopes on a
customization option.

Is there a strong reason this could not work as an option in org-mode?

marcel

--
Marcel van der Boom  -- http://hsdev.com/mvdb.vcf
HS-Development BV    -- http://www.hsdev.com