Re: [O] Problem with autoloads

From: Michael Markert
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with autoloads
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 18:15:06 +0200

On 28 Jun 2011, Nick Dokos wrote:
> <snip>
>
> I cannot reproduce it even with latest org, latest emacs:
> org-install.el makes properly with autoloads that look like this:
>
> ,----
> | (autoload 'org-mode "org" "\
> | Outline-based notes management and organizer, alias
> | \"Carsten's outline-mode for keeping track of everything.\"
> `----
>
> No lisp/org anywhere in sight (except in comments).

That sounds great. I'm running on Julien's emacs-snapshot so I'm not
using an latest version.

> I also tried with Michael's patch and it still works for me, so if
> it fixes things for him and Suvayu, it should probably be applied

I didn't test for compability and if the problem is only temporarily it
should not be applied.

> (but I wish I understood what goes wrong and how the patch fixes it).

I try to summarize (sorry for being incomprehensible in the other mail
-- it's to hot here):

Problem: autoload.el generates file names with lisp/ prefix.
Solution:
- We generate the autoloads file in the org directory.
- To get valid file names we use the non-prefixed file names.

Michael