Re: [O] BUG: example/src blocks and latex export

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] BUG: example/src blocks and latex export
Date: Fri, 19 Aug 2011 23:27:47 +0200

Hi Nick,

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> * foo
>
> Verbiage to begin the paragraph
> #+begin_src shell
> get-config.py var section [section ...]
> #+end_src
> and verbiage to end the same paragraph.
>
> * bar
>
> Verbiage to begin the paragraph
> #+begin_example
> get-config.py var section [section ...]
> #+end_example
> and verbiage to end the same paragraph.

I tested your patch with the example above and I get this:

,----
| Verbiage to begin the paragraph
|
| \lstset{language=shell}
| \begin{lstlisting}
| get-config.py var section [section ...]
| \end{lstlisting}
|
| and verbiage to end the same paragraph.
| \section*{bar}
| \label{sec-2}
|

| Verbiage to begin the paragraph
|
| \begin{verbatim}
| get-config.py var section [section ...]
| \end{verbatim}
| and verbiage to end the same paragraph.
`----

It looks better than the current export (less white lines) but still
has a problem with the first "and verbiage..." being indented.

Is this intentional?  Or do you want the same behavior for #+begin_src
and #+begin_example?

In overall, I think number of white lines should be the same in the Org
source file and in the LaTeX exported file, so a patch here is welcome.
But maybe I misunderstood something in Eric's reply.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien