Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] ASCII back-end for new export engine
Date: Thu, 26 Jan 2012 19:31:30 +0100

address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

> Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> address@hidden (Thomas S. Dye) writes:

>>> A way to set individual headings as numbered or unnumbered would be
>>> deluxe.  Perhaps this is possible, but I haven't found it?
>>
>> It would require to modify Org's syntax (how to tell which headline has
>> to be numbered and which has not?). It is not possible at the moment.
>
> Could this be achieved without a syntax change by adding a new LaTeX
> attribute, similar to inparaenum and friends?
>
> #+attr_latex: *
> * An Unnumbered Heading

No. Headlines, along with items, keywords and sections, can't have
affiliated keywords. Though, they have properties. It may be done with:

  :PROPERTIES:
  :NUMBERING: nil
  :END:

But it's still new syntax. It could also be narrowed
to :LATEX_NUMBERING: nil, but I think that this feature, if implemented,
should be available for every major back-end, much like "num:1".

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou