Re: [O] AUCTeX conflicting with org-mode

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: [O] AUCTeX conflicting with org-mode
Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2012 15:48:23 +0100

Hi Bastien and Yagnesh,

On Tue, Mar 20, 2012 at 12:02, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Yagnesh,
>
> Yagnesh Raghava Yakkala <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Thanks for the analysis. I think you are right. With my limited elisp skills
>> would say its a *bug* and coming from org.
>>
>> If I take that let-binding off and setting the TeX-master by checking with
>> if it ever bound seems fixing this problem.
>>
>> this patch fixing the problem. (can be further improved)
>
> Applied, thanks.

I wanted to comment earlier but it slipped my mind, sorry about that.

I am not sure if this patch is quite corect. It removes the let bind and
instead conditionally uses setq to bind it to t. From the docs I see the
variable becomes buffer local when set in any fashion, but does that
still mean it is okay to use setq?

I can imagine in a complicated publishing project, an org file might
need to set the value to something. I suppose this will override any
such custom config. Is my analysis correct? It might be worth thinking
about before applying the patch.

Is a conditional let binding possible, it might be the safer choice in
that case.

Thanks,

--
Suvayu