Re: [O] org + beamer: How to get @Š@ to create \alert?

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] org + beamer: How to get @Š@ to create \alert?
Date: Wed, 02 May 2012 10:03:45 -0400

Sebastien Vauban <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Richard and Nick,
>
> Nick Dokos wrote:
> > Richard Stanton <address@hidden> wrote:
> >
> >> I've just started using orgmode to create Beamer presentations, and have a
> >> question.
> >>
> >> In the worg documentation
> >> (http://orgmode.org/worg/org-tutorials/org-beamer/tutorial.html), it gives
> >> an example of how enclosing text in "@" signs is supposed to result in
> >> highlighted red text. When I try it, I get text surrounded by two "@"
> >> signs...
> >>
> >> Following suggestions from this list back in 2010, I tried customizing
> >> org-export-latex-emphasis-alist but this doesn't seem to help either.
> >>
> >> Can anyone tell me how to get this working?
> >
> > You also need to customize org-emphasis-alist.
>
> and this must be set *before loading Org*...

I believe that the customize interface will actually reinitialize things
properly so you don't have to restart (I haven't really checked the
code, but that's how I tested it and it worked) - but if you set it
manually, then yes, you have to make sure that it is set beforehand, so
that org initialization will take care of calculating all the
dependencies.

Nick