Re: [O] org-agenda-ignore-scheduled not taken into account in custom age

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-ignore-scheduled not taken into account in custom agenda blocks?
Date: Tue, 20 Nov 2012 16:36:39 +0100

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I'm implementing some of the ideas of the great norang page
>> (http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html), but there is one thing that is
>> failing me. I can see that "org-agenda-ignore-scheduled" work for the
>> global todo list, but it does not seem to be working when using a custom
>> block. For instance, using the following definition:
>>
>> #+BEGIN_SRC elisp
>> (tags-todo "-WAITING-CANCELLED/!NEXT"
>>            ((org-agenda-overriding-header "Next Tasks")
>>             (org-agenda-skip-function
>> 'bh/skip-projects-and-habits-and-single-tasks)
>>             (org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled t)
>>             (org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines t)
>>             (org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date t)
>>             (org-tags-match-list-sublevels t)
>>             (org-agenda-sorting-strategy
>>              '(todo-state-down effort-up category-keep))))
>> #+END_SRC
>>
>> I still see scheduled tasks.
>>
>> Is it supposed to be working or am I doing it wrong?
>
> I can confirm that scheduled and deadlined TODOs still show up where
> they shouldn't -- I tried putting the ignore statements both in the
> individual block declarations, and in the declaration at the end of the
> custom command. This is with org-version "7.9.2".
>
> Seems like a bug!

I decided to dig into this, and it's not a bug. One should set:

(setq org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options t)

The trick was that these blocks were tag searches.

According to the documentation:

Documentation:
Non-nil means honor todo-list ...ignore options also in tags-todo search.
The variables
   `org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date',
   `org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp',
   `org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled',
   `org-agenda-todo-ignore-deadlines'
make the global TODO list skip entries that have time stamps of certain
kinds.  If this option is set, the same options will also apply for the
tags-todo search, which is the general tags/property matcher
restricted to unfinished TODO entries only.

Alan