Re: [O] Tips for using orgmode + ledger to record events?

From: Viktor Rosenfeld
Subject: Re: [O] Tips for using orgmode + ledger to record events?
Date: Mon, 4 Mar 2013 22:06:05 +0100

Hi Eric,

Eric S Fraga wrote:

> Using org for this is easier than having to work with ledger
> comments.  I can also then include, in the org file, the specific ledger
> instantiations to get the kinds of reports I want and execute these with
> C-c C-c.  So, for instance, I have ledger reports on the current
> balances, the taxable income from any particular year, etc.

I just remembered that I do mix ledger and org-mode, as I also have
ledger source blocks to generate weekly and monthly reports.

Going over you original reply, I was wondering how you add to blocks
such as <<expenses-car>> which you reference in your report statement.
Also, do you use capture templates for your expenses and how do you
reconcile your accounts without having a ledger file as your primary
data file?

Cheers,
Viktor