Re: [O] M-RET and C-RET turn current line of text into a heading?

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] M-RET and C-RET turn current line of text into a heading?
Date: Mon, 20 May 2013 13:41:42 -0500

On Mon, May 20, 2013 at 11:14 AM, Matt Lundin <address@hidden> wrote:
> John Hendy <address@hidden> writes:
>
>>> On Wed, May 15, 2013 at 2:54 AM, Christian Moe <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>>> I've been following this thread and there has been some great
>>> discussion about future plans for re-write and context-sensitive
>>> functionality. In the mean time, can we revert the C-RET behavior back
>>> to adding a new headline? I'm finding it incredibly frustration to
>>> have no way to just add a new headline below the current contents of a
>>> headline, even if it's folded. I'm adding some individuals to my
>>> contact file and have no way to just M-RET or C-RET to add a new
>>> headline quickly except to navigate and manually type a series of *'s.
>>>
>>> If we could return one of these to the "old" functionality, that would
>>> be great. (Or a recommended new way to just add a headline vs.
>>> transforming the last line into a header.)
>>
>> Sorry for the noise. I think I just pulled on Friday, but a pull just
>> now and re-make seems to have returned C-RET to doing what I thought
>> it should. I may have pulled and never restarted my emacs session, so
>> it's quite possible this was fixed earlier.
>
> That's curious. It has not been fixed here with the latest git.

Very curious! Your thread is exactly what I was experiencing before my
pull/make clean/make this morning. Now I'm on:

Org-mode version 8.0.3 (release_8.0.3-139-g419b69 @
/home/jwhendy/.elisp/org.git/lisp/)

It's working and I verified it several times to make sure. Indeed, as
with you, the most frustrating was it turning the last line of a
folded headline into a new headline while staying sort of folded (or,
for me, even bumping the ellipsis down below the current headline so
one couldn't unfold it anymore).

I guess I'm not sure what to say. I am experiencing what I would
expect since my last pull, so I don't really feel compelled to re-pull
to see if it's re-broken!

Best regards,
John