Re: [O] Bug in export orgtbl / LaTeX

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] Bug in export orgtbl / LaTeX
Date: Fri, 14 Jun 2013 18:58:06 +0200

Hello,

AW <address@hidden> writes:

> Am Donnerstag, 13. Juni 2013, 13:29:01 schrieb Nick Nick Dokos:
>> AW <address@hidden> writes:
>> > Puuuuuuuuush?!
>>
>> With infinite force? But you are probably pushing against an immovable
>> wall :-)

>> Things like this would make the syntax complicated and unpredictable
>> (there is an old romantic comedy about tourists going on a bus tour of
>> Europe, entitled "If this is Tuesday, this must be Belgium" - that's
>> what popped into my head when I read your suggestion :-)
>>
>> Nicolas has the last word of course, but if I were a betting man, I'd
>> bet that you won't get your wish.

Tssk, tssk. Don't be so pessimistic :)

`orgtbl-to-latex' doesn't use export framework at all, unlike to
`orgtbl-to-html'. One solution would be to change that:

  (defun orgtbl-to-latex (table params)
    "Convert the orgtbl-mode TABLE to LaTeX.
  TABLE is a list, each entry either the symbol `hline' for
  a horizontal separator line, or a list of fields for that line.
  PARAMS is ignored."
    (require 'ox-latex)
    (org-export-string-as
     (orgtbl-to-orgtbl table nil) 'latex t '(:with-tables t)))

However, we lose all PARAMS configuration (:splice t in particular).

Note that, according to Org syntax, "1." doesn't start a list, since
tables cannot contain lists.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou