Re: [O] Slides about LaTeX export

From: Fabrice Niessen
Subject: Re: [O] Slides about LaTeX export
Date: Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:55:56 +0200

Hi John,

John Hendy wrote:
> On Jun 14, 2013 4:37 PM, "Fabrice Niessen" <address@hidden> wrote:
>>
>> Just to let you know I've made a 1h30 presentation about the LaTeX exporter
>> of Org mode 8 at the "Stage LaTeX de Dunkerque 2013", on last Wednesday
>> (12th of June).
>>
>> My slides are visible on:
>>
>>   http://fr.slideshare.net/fniessen/org-modelatexexport
>>
>> The Org source, LaTeX generated file and PDF output are on:
>>
>>   http://www.github.com/fniessen
>
> Very nice!

Thanks!

> Really nice overview of side by side "translations" between Org and LaTex.

Yes, I wanted to show the "problem" (horrible LaTeX syntax) and the "solution"
(just write what you meant, with almost no extra syntax in Org).

That made quite a shock to the attendants, even if they're used to the LaTeX
side: they were astonished that the Org syntax was so close to the "how it's
displayed" in the PDF -- mainly for the lists, but also for the tables.

> Out of curiosity, why didn't the exponent and subscript examples get
> rendered/converted on slide 22?

That's something I still haven't understood... The only one, and you spotted
it!

I tried all variations of ^:nil, ^:t and ^:{} but none translated the
super/sub-scripts correctly. A mystery that stays to be discovered...

Best regards,
Fabrice

--
Fabrice Niessen