Re: [O] (no subject)

From: Ken Okada
Subject: Re: [O] (no subject)
Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2014 16:17:11 +0900

John,

Thanks for advising.

On Org 7.8.11, placement=[l] and placement={l} parameter does not make
sense for tables as I tried.

I tried to install the current version. (There was a compile error
arising from the fact that BSD make is not GNU make, but it's no matter.)
A simple example for :center nil works well. For main org file I have to
do more work... not about centering.

However there seems not to be a parameter for flush right. At present
this is not a serious problem because :center nil works well, so we can
control directory with #+LATEX: \begin ... and \end . But it's tiresome.

I also feel something about the difference between the way to designate
centering and flush left/right. For HTML export we use :align parameter;
for LaTeX, :center parameter, which only allows us to control centering
or not. :align parameter is used for alignment of contents of table.
I'm confused. I guess there's a problem about backward compatibility or
something.

As you wrote there's a way to change default behaviour, but I feel
centering is confortable in the most typesetting *with Org*.
I think such searching result is due to the default behaviour of LaTeX.
File local option switching the behaviour would be useful, I think.

Best regards,
Ken Okada