[O] 8.3 git head new math $ behavior

From: Ken Mankoff
Subject: [O] 8.3 git head new math $ behavior
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2015 12:38:35 -0500

I've started running the git head version of Org mode, since 8.3 has some features I'm interested in that were not in the version I was previously using (the latest on elpa).

Is this list an appropriate place to as questions or mention bugs I find in 8.3, or is there a better place for that?

I write because in the new version $x$ exports to latex as before, but ($x$) does not. It exports as seen, including the dollar sign. ($$x$$) does export as math.

Is this an intentional changed behavior? Or some regex exporter bug that I've come across?

 -k.