Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily

From: Rasmus
Subject: Re: [O] Marking/highlighting text temporarily
Date: Wed, 29 Apr 2015 14:51:24 +0200

Hi,

Eric Abrahamsen <address@hidden> writes:

> Just to be clear, you think it fits into the category of
> incubation-prior-to-core?

I think inlinetasks/comments that are actually *inline* would be nice!

> If anyone thinks that this mechanism warrants actual new Org syntax, I'd
> be happy to work on implementing that. But to be honest, I think it sits
> pretty comfortably on top of what's already available. The only slight
> awkwardness comes when you'd like a different face for the annotation
> links (currently solved with John Kitchin's hi-lock trick), and the fact
> that the link export routines don't have access to the exportation
> info/plist channels (ie, when exporting an annotation link to ODT, I'd
> like to be able to give the annotation an "author" element, but as far
> as I know I can't get access to that). These aren't major flaws.

See my other post.  In addition you'd need to be able to turn them off via

> I'll admit I have dreamed of a syntax that looks like: [[body text to
> annotate][TODO:Look this up on the internet:@work]].

I don't like the example.  The ordering is weird.  Do the first and the
second bracket need to be tied together?  Or would something like this
work:

      body text to annotate address@hidden: Look this up on the internet]

Or

    address@hidden: Look this up on the internet]{body text to annotate}