Re: [O] Org-mode exporters licensing

From: Robert Klein
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode exporters licensing
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2015 09:05:41 +0200

On Mon, 27 Jul 2015 20:49:05 +0200
Marcin Borkowski <address@hidden> wrote:

> On 2015-07-27, at 20:30, Daniele Nicolodi <address@hidden> wrote:
>
> > On 27/07/15 20:20, Marcin Borkowski wrote:

> >> I do understand (at least I think so).  And I do understand that my
> >> declaration of putting something in PD would be technically void.
> >> I just don't care about it, if the declaration of intent is clear.
> >
> > If you do not care about the terms in which who receives your work
> > is able to use it, why all the discussion?
> >
> > I thought that you were arguing that a less strict license than the
> > GPL is better for the content of a possible tutorial and you were
> > inquiring if you could release your code derived or inspired from
> > GPL code with another license. Now you say that you do not care, or
> > better you say that you do not want to give any rights to who
> > receives your code.
> >
> > I think you are confused.
>
> I was unclear again, sorry.
>
> 1. As for my planned tutorial: I am reconciled with the idea that it
> might have to be GPL'd.  Though I still maintain that GPL is not an
> optimal license for such work.
>
> 2. As for other code I might write and publish: I'm tempted to use the
> Unlicense (which is basically more or less putting it into the PD),
> even though it might (technically) be void.
>
> > Cheers,
> > Daniele

FWIW, what Richard Lawrence posted in the other threat sounds good.

Please feel free to use my material I posted to the list
(see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-orgmode/2015-06/msg00160.html)
I mostly copied the export function in the example from org-mode, but
the rest you may use as you like.

Best regards
Robert