Re: [O] ox-beamer and CUSTOM_ID

From: Fabrice Popineau
Subject: Re: [O] ox-beamer and CUSTOM_ID
Date: Thu, 15 Oct 2015 18:54:48 +0200

Fabrice Popineau <address@hidden> writes:

> At some point LaTeX reported an error on some frame heading.
> I wrongly inferred it could be the label.

It would be nice to investigate about this error, it it persists.

Beamer is very bad at reporting errors at their true origin.

Actually, I had 2 errors.

First all my Org->TeX files use Babel, and they doesn't seem to cope well with colons in labels.
(org-lint even reports about it)
Unfortunately, the default naming scheme for internal labels is using colons.
Hence I wanted to use my own labels.

(Actually, I don't understand what prevents "beamer 2015/01/05 3.36" to use colons in
labels. I thought that this problem has been solved around beamer 3.30.)

The other error was elsewhere in the slide and it is a separate issue.
Actually I had A_{}_{i+1} somewhere. Unfortunately, it is quite easy to enter such stuff
in Org mode with the right edit sequence (I need to pick this sequence and report about it).
When the result is displayed (well, at least in my setup), you don't see the double
subscript any more. It is displayed the same way A_{i+1} is.
You need to erase everything and retype it. Or turn off the sub/superscript option (?).

Anyway, now "ox-beamer" should obey to `org-latex-prefer-user-labels'
for custom ID.

Thanks!

Regards,

Fabrice