Re: [O] orgmode and a database

From: Jose E. Marchesi
Subject: Re: [O] orgmode and a database
Date: Tue, 05 Apr 2016 15:02:17 +0200

    > I am looking for a sort of database I could use with orgmode. Anybody
    > has a suggestion? What's about recutils?
    >
    > thanks
    >
    > Uwe Brauer

    I've just installed recutils from source. If you do the same then be
    aware that as well as the usual linux packages, you will also need
    "check", "uuid-dev" and "bash-builtins" for a successful build. Perhaps
    its obvious that they would be required, but its certainly not
    documented - at least as far as I could discover. Sorry that this was
    perhaps off-topic, but it might be useful for others.

These dependencies are documented in the README-dev file at the top
directory of the recutils source distribution.  Excerpt:

Dependencies
------------
There are some third party dependencies needed to build some of the
utilities shipped in this distribution.  The configure script checks
for the needed packages and drives the conditional compilation of the
impacted utitilities.  The dependencies are:
- The testing infrastructure uses the Check library.  At the moment
  the svn version of the library if needed.  The configure script will
  check if you have the right version.  libcheck can be obtained at
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/check/.

The following dependencies are optional.  Missing them will result in
a less capable software:
- The GNU Privacy Guard (gnupg) is required in order to support
  encryption.  The following libraries are required: libgpg-error and
  libgcrypt.  Any recent version of those libraries will work.  gnupg
  can be obtained at http://gnupg.org.
- libcurl is required for supporting remote descriptors.  Any
  recent version must work.  The library can be obtained at
  http://curl.haxx.se/libcurl/.
- The mdbtools are required for building the mdb2rec utility.
  mdbtools can be obtained at http://mdbtools.sourceforge.net.
- The UUID library from Theodore Ts'o is required for the uuid type.
  In Debian-like systems that library is packaged under the name
  uuid-dev and the runtime under the name libuuid1.
- The algol68toc compiler is required for building the Algol68
  bindings.