Re: [O] Emacs hangs sometimes for no reason

From: Samuel Loury
Subject: Re: [O] Emacs hangs sometimes for no reason
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 08:34:17 +0100

Sebastian Christ <address@hidden> writes:

[...]

> So, aren't you restarting Emacs after pkill -SIGUSR2 emacs?

pkill -SIGUSR2 emacs does not stop emacs. Emacs will start a debugging
session that you can stop to go back to a "normal" emacs. I found out
that it generally makes emacs responsive enough so that I can launch the
org reset cache function.

I found the USR2 signal trick in irreal¹.

¹  here: http://irreal.org/blog/?p=5218
--
Konubinix
GPG Key    : 7439106A