Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] [RFC] Remove Org Struct mode
Date: Tue, 22 Aug 2017 19:48:29 +0200

Thanks for pointing out speed keys in outshine.el that I was not aware
of. However I still failed.

My requirements for orgstruct-mode or its replacement are very limited
compared to what orgstruct-mode or outshine.el do or intend to do:

1) Only headings, no lists
2) No structure editing, only cycling and navigation
3) Key bindings accessible directly also in vi emulation
4) Key bindings exactly like Org
5) Headings also in block-indented comments (on its own line)
6) No syntax highlighting of headings
7) Org original special folding of the ARCHIVE tag

Note that I need all this only for a limited amount of Org functions
(a subset of orgstruct-setup):

- TAB (org-cycle)
- S-TAB (org-cycle)
- C-TAB (org-force-cycle-archived)
- C-c C-f (org-forward-heading-same-level)
- C-c C-b (org-backward-heading-same-level)
- C-c C-n (outline-next-visible-heading)
- C-c C-p (outline-previous-visible-heading)
- C-c C-u (outline-up-heading)

All items 3)..7) are supported in orgstruct-mode, in outshine.el I was
not able to make them work. If I want to use the speed keys in
outshine.el with vi emulation I have to switch to Emacs mode and back
where in orgstruct-mode I can stay and use simply TAB/S-TAB/C-TAB.

Michael