Re: [O] Beamer_act property is misnamed in org-mode Ubuntu package

From: James Harkins
Subject: Re: [O] Beamer_act property is misnamed in org-mode Ubuntu package
Date: Wed, 27 Sep 2017 20:50:34 +0800

On September 27, 2017 14:03:06 Eric S Fraga <address@hidden> wrote:

On Wednesday, 27 Sep 2017 at 11:53, James Harkins wrote:
Hi,

There seems to be a mistake in the org-mode Ubuntu 16.02 packages.

For beamer, if I C-c C-x p to add a property, one of the predefined options is:

     :BEAMER_act(Act): 1

I think (could be wrong on this) that org includes any properties you
already have as pre-defined options available to you.  Maybe you have
this property already in your file?

No, I have never used this (incorrect) property. This occurs in a brand new org file too.

Oh, just did a search: ox-beamer.el, line 81, defines columns for beamer properties, including the incantation "%10BEAMER_act(Act)" -- which, except for the %10, matches the behavior precisely. It appears that C-c C-x p is treating this as the true name of the property, when it's really something for display.

Anyway, the string inserted by C-c C-x p just doesn't work.

hjh

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com