Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: remove-overlays

From: Eric . Belpaire
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: remove-overlays
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2004 10:53:31 +0100

I have the built-in functions overlay-put and overlay-get, but not the
function remove-overlay.
I tried to fix it by changing the line
  (if (fboundp 'overlay-put)
into
  (if (fboundp 'remove-overlays)
but this put trouble in my daily planning file when copying the yesterday's
tasks into today's new planning file.

I've downloaded and installed emacs 21.3 but this version crashed on my PC.
Maybe due to McAfee virusscan.
So, I'll have to stick with emacs 21.2 for the moment.

Cordially,
Eric

Eric BELPAIRE

|--------+-------------------------------------------------------------->
|        |  Sacha Chua <address@hidden>                              |
|        |  Sent by:                                                    |
|        |  address@hidden|
|        |  rg                                                          |
|        |  27/01/2004 03:37                                            |
|        |  Please respond to Sacha Chua                                |
|        |                                                              |
|--------+-------------------------------------------------------------->

Damien Elmes <address@hidden> writes:

> They're an xemacs thing, aren't they? Perhaps you want
> set-text-properties instead?

Emacs CVS has overlays. They're nicer than text properties for
font-locking. <laugh> I've put in the fboundp check, so things should
fallback gracefully to text properties for those who don't live on the
bleeding edge.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun