[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki-discuss Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: emacs-wiki-discuss Digest, Vol 4, Issue 5
Date: Tue, 06 Apr 2004 00:10:29 +0800

Alan Schussman <address@hidden> writes:

> looking for a new keybinding for another function, what about creating
> an undated task if either 1) a non-daily page is entered at the create
> task prompt, or 2) the current buffer is a non-daily page and some
> non-date value is entered at the prompt?

Excellent idea. See planner--dev--1.0--patch-17, or planner.el at
http://sacha.free.net.ph/notebook/emacs/dev/ .

If you specify something that does not expand to a date, no date is
associated. For example, you can use "x", " ", or anything not of the
form [[[y.]m.]d] or +day or -day.

Hmm. Does this count as a feature, or as a clarification of the way a
function is supposed to behave? Anyway, the docs will need to be
updated...

> As I'm new to the list and am still learning planner, my apologies
> if this is already a well-trod possibility (or already exists?
> Wouldn't be the first time I've daydreamed about existing
> functionality!).

Daydream some more! =)
--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun