[emacs-wiki-discuss] Difference between Notes, Tasks, Schedule, and Diar

From: pll+ew
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Difference between Notes, Tasks, Schedule, and Diary?
Date: Mon, 05 Apr 2004 14:58:15 -0400

Hi all,

I'm a little fuzzy on the difference between these.

I started out with these assumptions:

 -Tasks are "things I need to do".

  They may or may not have a "due date" or point to a project page.

 - Notes were notes related/linked to Tasks, possibly adding clarification
   for a task

 - Schedule was for pre-scheduled appointments

 - Diary was for who knows what.  I think I was thinking of it as a
   blog section, more like what a real diary is for.

Since then, I've realized that:

 - Diary is for pre-scheduled appointments
 - Schedule is for pre-scheduled appointments with starting and
   possibly ending time
 - Notes feel a lot like tasks, but without the prioritization/completion
   fields

So now I'm wondering if it wouldn't be better to combine the Schedule/Diary
fields, and replace Diary with Blog :)

(Note: I'm not suggesting that planner actually get rid of or change
anything here, just commenting on how I seem to be working, and what
changes might make sense for me).

Comments, thoughts, suggestions?

thanks
--
Seeya,
Paul

GPG Key fingerprint = 1660 FECC 5D21 D286 F853  E808 BB07 9239 53F1 28EE