Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: inlining

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: inlining
Date: Mon, 12 Apr 2004 01:30:37 -0500

   Whoops, sorry, nil markup marks it up like an <example>, which is why
   the default CSS also indents it. Would it make more sense to include
   it as-is and rely on you wrapping it with the appropriate
   <pre>s/<verbatim>s/whatever?

I don't think that is enough, and I do not prefer the style anyway.

The reason I do not think that would be enough is that even a plain
wrapping an "as is" piece of text with <pre> tags would also make
the text indent.

The reason I do not prefer the style is that I actually kind of like
the markup argument to include that you devised - it seems cleaner.

But if possible, nil markup should produce an unindented, unedited
piece of text. Perhaps markup="example" should provide what is now
the behavior of markup="nil".