[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: modify emacs-wiki.el to handle more tags/faces

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: modify emacs-wiki.el to handle more tags/faces ?
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 22:13:42 +0800

Joe Corneli <address@hidden> writes:

> However, I don't see how this changes the face (maybe I'm missing
> something).  Wouldn't you want to use something like
>     (add-text-properties beg end '(face default
>                                    rear-nonsticky (read-only)
>                                    read-only t))

I tend to avoid read-onlying text while highlighting, as read-only
regions can be a pain to edit. You can't cut them, you can't erase the
buffer, you can't do lots of other things. =) I usually just change
the face property.

Incidentally, is there a good way of merging face attributes? The
current way I do it with planner-tasks is _very_ hack-ish. I re-build
the list of attributes and create a face based on that. I'd really
just rather specify one or two new attributes. 'face seems to
override... <sigh>

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun