Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: modify emacs-wiki.el to handle more tags/fa

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: modify emacs-wiki.el to handle more tags/faces ?
Date: Sat, 01 May 2004 12:14:02 -0500

   I tend to avoid read-onlying text while highlighting, as read-only
   regions can be a pain to edit. You can't cut them, you can't erase the
   buffer, you can't do lots of other things. =) I usually just change
   the face property.

The only reason I quoted the read-only bit was that its what's used
in the tag you'd suggested changed the face but that didn't seem to
actually do so.  Read-only is used in several of the tags (example,
verbatim, nowiki, nop).  I only wanted to make a minimal change to
the thing I posted, because I figured the other stuff might be
important.