Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] diary entries

From: Hans Halvorson
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] diary entries
Date: Tue, 18 May 2004 12:03:46 -0400

address@hidden (Thomas Gehrlein) writes:

> Hans Halvorson <address@hidden> writes:

>>> Yes.  It should work out of the box.
>>
>> This doesn't seem to be working for me.  (But perhaps I'm not
>> following the proper procedures?)
>
> Please send me:
>
> The planner and planner-diary settings in your .emacs.
> A sample entry from your diary-file that works with calendar, but not with
> planner (possibly a diary-anniversary entry).
> A sample entry from your diary-file that works with calendar AND with
> planner.
> A sample day plan file.
>
> Thomas

I have found a work-around.

The default diary file appears to be "~/diary.planner", but I have my
diary information in "~/diary".  If I use customize-group "planner" to
change planner-diary-file to "~/diary", then planner-diary still looks
for "~/diary.planner".  But, if I add

(setq planner-diary-file "~/diary")

to the end of my .emacs, then everything seems to work OK.

Thanks,
Hans