[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-accomplishments.el --- Accomplishment r

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner-accomplishments.el --- Accomplishment reports
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2004 16:22:39 +0800

Brad Collins <address@hidden> writes:

> The one-size-fits-all approach to calendar and planners in windows
> style apps has never fit for me. Planner-mode is really headed in
> the right direction by creating an environment that can be molded to
> the user rather than forcing the user to conform to the norm.

I guess that's why I really, really like planner.el. At its core,
planner files are just plain text. You can use them however you want.
<grin> I'm not even sure how the other planner-* modules work any
more, which is probably not a good thing for a maintainer to say
(guilty, guilty!) but I just haven't used all the capabilities of
planner yet. We push it outward with the ideas we have of the way we
want to work.

I'm trying to figure out how to make it even more flexible. For
example, I really want to allow tasks and notes to appear on more than
one page. I'll focus on the tasks first, as notes look somewhat more
complicated.

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun