Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el questions, suggestion for planne

From: Maciej Kalisiak
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: planner.el questions, suggestion for planner.pdf
Date: Fri, 9 Jul 2004 12:27:51 -0400

On Fri, Jul 09, 2004 at 10:48:42AM -0400, address@hidden wrote:
> project specific task items.  On the project page, when I need to have
> a task which has subtasks, I'll do one of 2 things: either I'll
> reference a note within the project page within the task item itself,
> e.g.:
>
>    #A1 _ Project task [[Project#1]]  {{Tasks:23}} (2004.07.10)
>
> Then, under Note .#1, I'll keep a running log of stuff related to
> this particular task.  Occasionally I'll add an 'Update: <timestamp>'
> line to a note, and recently, I've begun placing sub-note links in
> these as well:
>
>   .#1 some note (2004.07.01)
>
>    Some text
>
>   #1a Updated: Thu Jul  1 16:38:09 EDT 2004 (2004.08.01#7)
>
> These sub links are then in turn pointed to by Notes within my daily
> page:
>
>   .#7  Updated: Thu Jul  1 16:38:09 EDT 2004 (ProjectPage#1a)

Ohh, very cool, I keep forgetting that underneath these are just emacs-wiki
pages... I'll have to read up on emacs-wiki anchors, they seem to have a lot
of potential in planner, as you have illustrated.

> So, this is how I work.  I hope it helps someone figure out how to do
> something that works for them.

Yes, thanks for sharing, this definitely bumps me ahead in tweaking my setup!

--
Maciej Kalisiak       mac "at" dgp.toronto.edu       www.dgp.toronto.edu/~mac