Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] How is hierarchy supposed to work?

From: jorge
Subject: Re: [emacs-wiki-discuss] How is hierarchy supposed to work?
Date: Fri, 09 Jul 2004 15:28:30 -0600

Sorry, late answer.

TC <address@hidden> writes:

> On Wed, 2004-06-30 at 18:45, address@hidden wrote:
>> No. Actually a Wiki Project is a list of directories (normally people
>> use just one) and all pages inside all of these directories are treated
>> igual.
>
> That wasn't my understanding.  A project is "a cons cell, of the
> form (PROJECT VARS)." One of those VARS may well be a list of
> directories, but there can be a lot more to the project than
> that. For example, the publication directory can be different
> for each project, as can pretty much any of the publication
> parameters (like the style sheet, prefixes, filename mappings, etc,
> etc.)
>
> tc

You are right.  The data of a project is distributed in several
directories, listed in the variable emacs-wiki-directories.

The other variables in the cons cell, however, apply to all files in all
of these directories equally.

The proposal add structure to this aproach, for example, it allows for
each directory to have a different publication directory.

Regards,

        Jorge-León