[emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki-change-project

From: chrisjohn
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] emacs-wiki-change-project
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2004 07:12:43 -1000

I'm trying to set up to use different EmacsWiki projects and be able to
switch between them using C-c C-v, which is mapped to
emacs-wiki-change-project.

Looking at the source, there two related variables defined at the
top-level in emacs-wiki.el: emacs-wiki-project and
emacs-wiki-current-project.

>From what I can see, emacs-wiki-project gets set in only one place,
emacs-wiki-maybe, which in turn is invoked from emacs-wiki-find-file,
emacs-wiki-publsh-files, and emacs-wiki-render-file, to see if the
emacs-wiki-mode should be turned on for the file being visited.  It
*does not* get set in the call to emacs-wiki-maybe from
emacs-wiki-find-file though, since there it is invoked with check-only =
t.

emacs-wiki-mode will invoke emacs-wiki-change-project unconditionally if
emacs-wiki-project is non-nil.

emacs-wiki-current-project seems to be set only by
emacs-wiki-change-project, and then it looks like it is made buffer
local, which seems to make sense if it is being done for every file
opened, and emacs-wiki-mode would appear to handle that.

So I guess emacs-wiki-project needs to be set manually?

--
Who is rich? He that is content. Who is that? Nobody.
-- Benjamin Franklin (1706 - 1790)