[emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: project switching?

From: Sacha Chua
Subject: [emacs-wiki-discuss] Re: project switching?
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2004 10:15:11 +0800

address@hidden writes:

> Hi - I'm getting back to using Planner again after a hiatus of about
> 5 months - I really, really like Planner and EmacsWiki, so thank you
> for all your time and work on it.

Welcome back! =)

> Now, however, I would like to keep separate Planner projects, and
> separate journals/wikis in entirely separate directory trees.

We haven't quite figured out what an elegant way to do this is,
but http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PlannerModeContrib has a
Lisp snippet from RaymondZeitler which might do the trick.

Hope that helps!

> the Planner project. Why didn't customize show the values, if it
> knew they were set? I had to print them to a buffer and cut and
> paste into customize - it was big string with lots of hairy regexes
> and sublists, obviously created by Planner?

Odd. It displays here. Try updating to the latest Planner. =)

> I noticed also that the variables emacs-wiki-project and
> emacs-wiki-current-project are not getting set by C-c C-v or
> emacs-wiki-switch project.
> A bit of experimentation - they don't seem to be documented - showed
> one should be a string and the other a list with current project
> values in it.

Hmm. Very odd. I'll look into that.

> Also, my current Planner, etc. is from about the beginning of the
> year - if I was to get the latest arch, would my stuff be likely to
> break in anyway?

I don't think you'll get major breakage, but back up a copy of your
work anyway. =)

--
Sacha Chua <address@hidden> - Ateneo CS faculty geekette
interests: emacs, gnu/linux, making computer science education fun